[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Thu Jan 12 17:54:12 MSK 2017

Den 12.01.2017 15:35, skrev Miro Kropáček:
>> Since we're already past the point were it was possible to compile
>> FreeMiNT on an actual Atar
>
> You mean because of its size?

Because of it's dependancy of gcc 4.x. Yes, I know that there are native
versions that runs on 68k Atari. "Runs", as in "works, but even with the
fastest CPU and as much RAM as you can get it's still awfully slow". I
have tested it on my Milan060 and it's just too slow to be usable.

>  That someone is Vincent and he has done that already. :) On his site
> you can find package tutorials for both Ubuntu and Fedora, so the
> "environment" is basically _sudo apt-get install cross-mint-essential_

Yes, I'm using his tools. What I meant was a Linux VM with everything
already installed and configured. git, gcc, libs, tools, maybe even a
preconfigure Eclipse.

Jo Even