[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 18:11:38 MSK 2017

> Because of it's dependancy of gcc 4.x.

Wow, I had no idea. I vaguely remember some discussions about this but
totally forgot why it was needed.

> Yes, I know that there are native
> versions that runs on 68k Atari. "Runs", as in "works, but even with the
> fastest CPU and as much RAM as you can get it's still awfully slow". I
> have tested it on my Milan060 and it's just too slow to be usable.

I'm wondering whether later (5.x, 6.x, ...) versions aren't better?

Yes, I'm using his tools. What I meant was a Linux VM with everything
> already installed and configured. git, gcc, libs, tools, maybe even a
> preconfigure Eclipse.

Ah, so you want to have an *IDE* preconfigured. ;-) Everything else is
already here, even the libs
<https://github.com/mikrosk/m68k-atari-mint-devel>. I personally use Qt
Creator for that (New Project -> Import other), you just define custom make
step "make CROSS=yes" with gcc setup as m68k-atari-mint-gcc and that's it.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org