[Freemint-list] Inshape 3 as freemint project

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 01:51:12 MSK 2017

Hi Olivier,

it is long time ago I'm thinking put Inshape 3 software in open source,

Great idea! :-)

> are you ok if I add it in freemint project?

I see people feel really strong about this 'organisation'. :-P

> If no, no problem it is not
> relative to mint, I will put it somewhere else.

Well, technically it's no problem, we can put there anything we like. But
from a stranger's point of view it's a little bit confusing to have all
sorts of projects there.

I tried to explain it by Matthias' question: github provides personal
repositories for personal projects, for free if public. FreeMiNT (wiki) can
easily link them, like this:
https://github.com/freemint/freemint/wiki/Other_projects (yes, it
desperately needs an update!)

So one more time: the fact that our 'organisation' covers stuff like Smurf
or Phoenix are purely historical. There was no github, there wasn't even a
public CVS server for free to have and most importantly, all projects were
long dead with authors moved away.

What you can do, regardless of your activities, is to setup a personal
repository, making sure it's compilable and ... let it be. If you
contribute to it, fine, if not, just wait until somebody is willing to take
over. That person will fork your repository and will mind his own business.

It's not yet for now, if the raytracer compil with GCC, this is not the
> case for the modeler. So I'm looking to try fix this before put it as
> open source it could take some months as I have not enough time to spend
> for this.

If it's compilable by PureC or LatticeC, it's no problem. Just state in
README.md how to get it working, that's all. :)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org