[Freemint-list] MiNT 1.19 and SCSI drive

Piotrek mietniow at agh.edu.pl
Mon Feb 27 13:23:08 MSK 2017

Hi,
I have a question about cooperation MiNT and a SCSI drive. My system is
Atari Falcon with CT63 as a boot disk I use IDE and on it I have
installed MiNT. Disk Drive SCSI is connected by external SCSI cable then
the adapter 50 pin cable on which I other SCSI devices, such as the
CD-Recorder, DVD-ROM and magneto-optical Fujitsu drive.
This disk is a Seagate Baracuda 4.3GB divided into several partitions
BGM as the first partition on this disk is P: \ that was also visible in
TOS and I do not have any such problems with copying large files such
X.TAR approximately 90 MB or several smaller mp3 files.
In contrast, the problem appears if anything I'm trying to do under
MiNT,  trying to copy the but then stops and nothing I have to restart
the computer, I thought that something was wrong cable length or
termination but if in TOS working properly then the problem is
elsewhere.

What do you think about it ?

Best Regards
Piotr

Dr Piotr Mietniowski
Department of Electronics
AGH University of Science and Technology
Av. Mickiewicza 30
30-056 Krakow, Poland
Bldg. C1 r. 212 tel. +48 12 617 30 44
e-mail: mietniow at agh.edu.pl