[Freemint-list] MiNT 1.19 and SCSI drive

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 13:46:14 MSK 2017

This may be a stupid question but are you sure the disk is OK? I mean, the
first partition can be fine but rest of it can be dead (reading about its 4
GB capacity makes me wonder how old really is...).

if you have another one to try with similar setup it would help. Also, you
can try to make several smaller partitions (say the original P: was 1 GB so
make four 256 MB + several others) and if copying still works only on the
first four partitions, you have your answer.

On 27 February 2017 at 20:23, Piotrek <mietniow at agh.edu.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a question about cooperation MiNT and a SCSI drive. My system is
> Atari Falcon with CT63 as a boot disk I use IDE and on it I have
> installed MiNT. Disk Drive SCSI is connected by external SCSI cable then
> the adapter 50 pin cable on which I other SCSI devices, such as the
> CD-Recorder, DVD-ROM and magneto-optical Fujitsu drive.
> This disk is a Seagate Baracuda 4.3GB divided into several partitions
> BGM as the first partition on this disk is P: \ that was also visible in
> TOS and I do not have any such problems with copying large files such
> X.TAR approximately 90 MB or several smaller mp3 files.
> In contrast, the problem appears if anything I'm trying to do under
> MiNT,  trying to copy the but then stops and nothing I have to restart
> the computer, I thought that something was wrong cable length or
> termination but if in TOS working properly then the problem is
> elsewhere.
>
> What do you think about it ?
>
> Best Regards
> Piotr
>
> --
>
> Dr Piotr Mietniowski
> Department of Electronics
> AGH University of Science and Technology
> Av. Mickiewicza 30
> 30-056 Krakow, Poland
> Bldg. C1 r. 212 tel. +48 12 617 30 44
> e-mail: mietniow at agh.edu.pl