[Freemint-list] MiNT 1.19 and SCSI drive

Piotrek mietniow at agh.edu.pl
Tue Feb 28 00:47:39 MSK 2017

W dniu 27.02.2017 13:47, Helmut Karlowski napisał(a):
>> > Is the type VFAT or FAT? Have you set FS_WB_ENABLE for the drive?
>>
>> In MINT.CNF I find this setting:
>>
>> FS_NEWFATS = C,D, ... etc. until 6 (there are all partitions)
>> FS_VFAT = F,G, ... until 6 (all parttions from F:\)
>
> If it would not have been VFAT I'd have suggested to try that ...

The question is.
In this case, what do you suggest, what is the difference between
NEWFATS and VFAT, if I understand I have set as far NEWFATS = C, D, .i
further
VFAT is disable

and which partitions should I set for FS_WB_ENABLE
all partitions ?

Regards
Piotr

>> and
>>
>> #FS_WB_ENABLE (it mean is disable)
>>
>> maybe here is the fault, please help me
>
> Try setting it the same way as you do for FS_VFAT. But it should also
> work without FS_WB_ENABLE.
>
>> > After how many bytes does it stop?
>>
>> I see after reboot computer that the size of copied files is 0 bytes
>
> Maybe you should run dosfsck, I don't know.
>
> Would the same operation work inside the IDE-drive?

Dr Piotr Mietniowski
Department of Electronics
AGH University of Science and Technology
Av. Mickiewicza 30
30-056 Krakow, Poland
Bldg. C1 r. 212 tel. +48 12 617 30 44
e-mail: mietniow at agh.edu.pl