[Freemint-list] MiNT 1.19 and SCSI drive

Piotrek mietniow at agh.edu.pl
Tue Feb 28 02:42:24 MSK 2017

Hi,

I have just finished test. In MiNT.CNF I set FS_NEWFATS = C,D, ...
(without changes, see prevously post)
FS_VFAT = F,G, ... (without changes)
and FS_WB_ENABLE = C,D etc until 6

the second test I disabled FS_VFAT

For test I copy folder with Calamus (hundreds files) and it is working,
but also copy Easymint install folder *a few big files and during
ocopies for exaple devel.tar it stops and no reaction and I have to
restart computer. The same similary effect I observed FS_VFAT enable and
disabled both.

Regards
Piotr

W dniu 27.02.2017 13:47, Helmut Karlowski napisał(a):
>> > Is the type VFAT or FAT? Have you set FS_WB_ENABLE for the drive?
>>
>> In MINT.CNF I find this setting:
>>
>> FS_NEWFATS = C,D, ... etc. until 6 (there are all partitions)
>> FS_VFAT = F,G, ... until 6 (all parttions from F:\)
>
> If it would not have been VFAT I'd have suggested to try that ...
>
>> and
>>
>> #FS_WB_ENABLE (it mean is disable)
>>
>> maybe here is the fault, please help me
>
> Try setting it the same way as you do for FS_VFAT. But it should also
> work without FS_WB_ENABLE.
>
>> > After how many bytes does it stop?
>>
>> I see after reboot computer that the size of copied files is 0 bytes
>
> Maybe you should run dosfsck, I don't know.
>
> Would the same operation work inside the IDE-drive?

Dr Piotr Mietniowski
Department of Electronics
AGH University of Science and Technology
Av. Mickiewicza 30
30-056 Krakow, Poland
Bldg. C1 r. 212 tel. +48 12 617 30 44
e-mail: mietniow at agh.edu.pl