[Freemint-list] MiNT 1.19 and SCSI drive

Helmut Karlowski helmut.karlowski at ish.de
Tue Feb 28 03:16:53 MSK 2017

Am 28.02.2017, 00:42 Uhr, schrieb Piotrek:

> For test I copy folder with Calamus (hundreds files) and it is working,
> but also copy Easymint install folder *a few big files and during
> ocopies for exaple devel.tar it stops and no reaction and I have to
> restart computer. The same similary effect I observed FS_VFAT enable and
> disabled both.

Yesterday I installed a new 73GB disk and copied all files from the old to
the new disk, both on one SCSI-cable connected to the internal interface
in a TT. The size of the biggest file that I copied is at least about 50MB
(but on ext2). The whole process took some hours, and it all went well
using cp from the command-line.

The main difference between FAT and VFAT is long names and case-handling,
but none of the low-level stuff (as far as I can see all fs use the same
function bio_writeout). And I think all the SCSI<->IDE-handling is done by
the disk-driver.

Does it work when the target is on ext2?

Are all your devices powered by one PSU? Maybe one drive sucks too much
power under MiNT?

-Helmut