[Freemint-list] MiNT 1.19 and SCSI drive

Piotrek mietniow at agh.edu.pl
Tue Feb 28 11:17:53 MSK 2017

W dniu 28.02.2017 01:16, Helmut Karlowski napisał(a):
> Am 28.02.2017, 00:42 Uhr, schrieb Piotrek:
>
>> For test I copy folder with Calamus (hundreds files) and it is
>> working,  but also copy Easymint install folder *a few big files and
>> during  ocopies for exaple devel.tar it stops and no reaction and I
>> have to  restart computer. The same similary effect I observed FS_VFAT
>> enable and  disabled both.
>
> Yesterday I installed a new 73GB disk and copied all files from the
> old to  the new disk, both on one SCSI-cable connected to the internal
> interface  in a TT. The size of the biggest file that I copied is at
> least about 50MB  (but on ext2). The whole process took some hours,
> and it all went well  using cp from the command-line.

I understand I used most often directly from the Thing using Kobold or
KK commander or in the last resort the same thing and moved files from
one window to another with disabled Kobold, but the effects were
similar.

> The main difference between FAT and VFAT is long names and
> case-handling,  but none of the low-level stuff (as far as I can see
> all fs use the same  function bio_writeout). And I think all the
> SCSI<->IDE-handling is done by  the disk-driver.
>
> Does it work when the target is on ext2?

On SCSI drive I made only BGM partition and copies folders from IDE disk
from  BGM partitions on SCSI drive. I did not make test with ext2.

> Are all your devices powered by one PSU? Maybe one drive sucks too
> much  power under MiNT?

My IDE drive is powered from ATX power supply which I use also CT63, IDE
drive is bootable and on it I have MINT.
SCSI devices have powered from another power supply AT because they all
are inserted into the housing of the PC.

Piotr

> -Helmut

Dr Piotr Mietniowski
Department of Electronics
AGH University of Science and Technology
Av. Mickiewicza 30
30-056 Krakow, Poland
Bldg. C1 r. 212 tel. +48 12 617 30 44
e-mail: mietniow at agh.edu.pl