[Freemint-list] MiNT 1.19 and SCSI drive

Piotrek mietniow at agh.edu.pl
Thu Mar 2 14:28:07 MSK 2017

Hi,

I change my system and I connect to SCSI only one devices. There is a
disk Segeate Barracuda ST15150N. I check disk in HDDRIVER and it is good
without bad sectores additional I made e2fsck -c r: (r: is partiotion
ext2 on this disk).
I thing there is a problem with terimination (I recall that the problem
concerns the operation in 060 mode)

In the manual for that disk I read that one can wear termination
depending on jumper look at:
Term. power from drive.
Term. power from SCSI bus.
Term. power to SCSI bus.
Term. power to SCSI bus and drive.
Enable drive terminator.
Disable drive terminator.

Therefore it please the position in which you should put the jumper on
the disk and what is the difference between eg from SCSI bus and to SCSI
bus

Regards
Piotr

W dniu 01.03.2017 17:52, Helmut Karlowski napisał(a):
>> On Wednesday 01 March 2017 17:08:43 Helmut Karlowski wrote:
>> > Run e2fsck -c or mkfat -c (I never did the latter),
>>
>> You might also try to run badblocks to check wether there are any bad
>> sectors.
>
> e2fsck -c runs badblocks wich reports the result to e2fsck, causing
> the bad blocks to be avoided by the fs. Same for mke2fs -c.
>
>> Or maybe HDDRIVER offers such a thing? not sure.
>
> It does, but you only get the information that your disk is damaged,
> or not?
>
> -Helmut

Dr Piotr Mietniowski
Department of Electronics
AGH University of Science and Technology
Av. Mickiewicza 30
30-056 Krakow, Poland
Bldg. C1 r. 212 tel. +48 12 617 30 44
e-mail: mietniow at agh.edu.pl