[Freemint-list] MiNT 1.19 and SCSI drive

Helmut Karlowski helmut.karlowski at ish.de
Thu Mar 2 17:07:49 MSK 2017

> Hi,
>
> I change my system and I connect to SCSI only one devices. There is a
> disk Segeate Barracuda ST15150N. I check disk in HDDRIVER and it is good
> without bad sectores additional I made e2fsck -c r: (r: is partiotion
> ext2 on this disk).
> I thing there is a problem with terimination (I recall that the problem
> concerns the operation in 060 mode)
>
> In the manual for that disk I read that one can wear termination
> depending on jumper look at:
> Term. power from drive.
> Term. power from SCSI bus.
> Term. power to SCSI bus.
> Term. power to SCSI bus and drive.
> Enable drive terminator.
> Disable drive terminator.
>
> Therefore it please the position in which you should put the jumper on
> the disk and what is the difference between eg from SCSI bus and to SCSI
> bus

If it's the last device on the bus you should set  Enable drive
terminator and only on that. I only know about Term. power from drive,
should be off, maybe Term. power from SCSI bus on, donl't know. Does
the Computer provide Termpower at all? I know the TT external SCSI
does not provide Termpower, only the internal connector. If it doesn't
it might get difficult.

-Helmut