[Freemint-list] Load MINT.CNF at odd address

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Tue Mar 21 00:47:53 MSK 2017

On Monday 20 March 2017 22:13:05 Markus Fröschle wrote:
> I would assume if TOS (/AHDI) wouldn't support unaligned buffers,
> somebody should have already recognized that problem.

Not sure about this. So far only Mint seems to trigger this problem, and only
when reading from IDE. To notice that, you would need a machine with 68000 but
IDE interface, and then run Mint&EmuTOS on it. I doubt that there are many
users with such a configuration.

Concerning AHDI: looks like to access the IDE interface, AHDI uses the blitter
if it exists. Not sure wether the blitter can do transfer to unaligned
addresses. But if it is not present (unlikely, since machines without a
blitter are either a TT with a 68030, or also don't have an IDE interface), it
would use the same copy function as TOS -> bombs. There is no test for an odd
address. Maybe Uwe can answer the question what HDDRIVER does in this case?