[Freemint-list] Load MINT.CNF at odd address

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Tue Mar 21 16:37:44 MSK 2017

On ma., 2017-03-20 at 22:47 +0100, Thorsten Otto wrote:
> On Monday 20 March 2017 22:13:05 Markus Fröschle wrote:
> > I would assume if TOS (/AHDI) wouldn't support unaligned buffers,
> > somebody should have already recognized that problem.
>
> Not sure about this. So far only Mint seems to trigger this problem, and only
> when reading from IDE. To notice that, you would need a machine with 68000 but
> IDE interface, and then run Mint&EmuTOS on it. I doubt that there are many
> users with such a configuration.

You wouldn't have to run EmuTOS to see how *TOS* behaves, would you? ;)

I'm running MiNT on an STE with TOS 2.06, AHDI 6.06, IDE and alt-RAM.
There is no problem with loading mint.cnf.

I'm also running the same setup (same SD-card in fact) on a blitterless
Mega ST 2 with 2.06, IDE and alt-RAM, no issues there either.

So I'd say that TOS and AHDI handles this situation fine.

Jo Even