[Freemint-list] Bug in Vincent's bash 4.3.27

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 03:58:46 MSD 2017

Hi,

I've been doing some experiments with clean setup and to my surprise,
compilation of m4-1.4.18 failed as early as I typed 'make' (on parsing
rules in Makefile). Only gcc/binutils/mintlib and fdlibm is installed +
nearly all the binary packages from
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/mint (incl.
bash).

When I compiled the very same version (incl. Vincent's patches) by myself
and replaced /bin/sh (previously poining to /bin/bash) by it, the failing
make was gone. Replacing /bin/sh with Vincent's bash -- failing again.

Thanks to git it was rather easy to verify whether it's related to mintlib
(it is not) so that leaves some ./configure assumption which went wrong in
bash itself during cross compilation.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org