[Freemint-list] MiNTlib timing related functions behavior/performance

Jo Even Skarstein joska at online.no
Fri Jun 23 16:14:45 MSD 2017

Den 23.06.2017 13:45, skrev Vincent Rivière:

> Since then, IIRC we fixed EmuTOS to avoid accessing the hardware clock
> when unnecessary.
>
> Really, that's only old memories. I don't remember the details. I just

The problem was that EmuTOS always returned the BIOS time even when
GEMDOS time functions were called, instead of returning the GEMDOS
software clock.

> say that, if you are using EmuTOS, be sure to use a recent version. Of
> course the real problem should be tracked down, starting from MiNTLib.

IIRC the concept behind MiNTlib's timezone-stuff is to run the RTC in
UTC, and then apply timezone on top of that. Could it be that
gettimeofday() reads the RTC (BIOS-time) and not the GEMDOS time? In
that case it won't help to use a recent EmuTOS either.

Jo Even