Re: Latest version of my init(8) package.

> Thanks, I downloaded pl6 yesterday and it does indeed fix the problem. There
> is only one problem with pl6... that flippin update process takes pid 1!
> Grrr :-) My halt program nolonger works.. humph!

There's more to it than that, though. If you run programs in the
mint.cnf, they take pid's as well, I think. I put an mfsconf program
there, and it uses up a pid. I don't think you can rely on some
pid being a certain program. Possibly a file /etc/init.pid with the
pid number in it might be a solution.

SjG.