Re: [MINTOS] fs tree structure (was: Re: MiNT goes UNiX, .

In <9401171046.AA20136@amethyst.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>, Torsten Scherer wrote:

>> I certainly don't wanna waiste my time developing programs that other
>> people have already written (probably much better than I ever could),
>> and were generous enough to make freely available...
>
>  ...but for a non-standartized setup.

Well, there are some 'popular' mechanisms to handle the lack of
standardisation between different flavors of Unix. I'm sure I
don't need to explain those mechanisms to you ;-).

Why should a MINT-goes-UNIX-system be handled any different than a Sunos- or Solaris-system?
(except for the demand by some that all software must also run under
 Gemdos-only, which I don't support (it's useless running /etc/init,
 /etc/cron, /usr/etc/syslogd, ... under Gemdos) )