Re: GCC for Atari

Chris Herborth writes:

> I guess it's working; the only thing (well, other than being broke)
> preventing me from buying a PowerPC-based Mac is the fact that there
> isn't a decent programming environment available.  I hate those stupid
> "IDEs" that people use on DOS or OS/2 or the Mac... gimmie make and a
> good shell any day!

 Well, I hear you can run MacMiNT on the PPC-Macs .. a quote from a post
by Brad Pickering to the MacMiNT mailing list :
[begin quote]
 BTW - I have been told by Jonathan Kimmitt that MacMiNT works on the
 PPC Mac 8100 with the modern memory manager turned off.  I have also
 been told that it didn't work on the 6100 but I don't know if they
 tried turning of the modern memory manager.  I am so tempted to go
 out and buy a PPC Mac, but I promised myself I was going to wait for
 the second generation atleast (preferably 603, or 604 based).
[end quote]
 So there you have a development environment (-:

	-VVuorikoski