Re: GCC for Atari

What you wrote:

>  Without wanting to judge anything or express any personal view:
>
> > installing it, but the only two reasons I won't install a port at all
> > are if the paperwork doesn't given clear title to the FSF or if it's
> > for the Mac since the FSF supports the LPF boycott of Apple.
> 					^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  Can someone please explain me what THAT means?

The League for Programming Freedom has been boycotting Apple (and the FSF
has been doing it too) ever since they started hitting on people with
their "look & feel" lawsuits.  People will receive no support trying to
port or use GNU stuff on Macs, and their changes will not make it into
the official distributions for anything.

I guess it's working; the only thing (well, other than being broke)
preventing me from buying a PowerPC-based Mac is the fact that there
isn't a decent programming environment available.  I hate those stupid
"IDEs" that people use on DOS or OS/2 or the Mac... gimmie make and a
good shell any day!

Maybe there'll be a PowerPC machine (or MIPS or Dec Alpha) that I can
run NeXTstep on in the next year or so...  *drool*  Then there's the
problem of how much workstations cost...  :-(

--
Chris Herborth                    \`o.0'       herborth@53iss6.Waterloo.NCR.COM