Re: MiNT 1.10 re-sync

Howard:
> I'll resend these patches; should they be relative to virgin 1.10 or to
> the currently patched source?

I think it would be helpful if you'd create a patch against the patched
source...  It would be a bit difficult to undo a previous bad patch
(i.e., create a reverse patch for a bad patch), especially if it came
from Juergen's earlier megapatch and not from me wrongly applying newer
patches.

> [ sticky text ]

> Well, I must admit I didn't spend a whole lot of thought on the implementation.
> How about if we change the way memory is allocated... Grab memory from one end,
> except start at the opposite end for shared text regions. E.g., always start
> from the top of memory when allocating in the default case - stack, bss, data,
> non-shared text, and always allocate shared text regions from the bottom
> of memory. The problem would still exist, but it would be lessened, I think.

In addition to your suggestions, what about making this turn-off-able from
mint.cnf?

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de