Re: Handling ^Z, *without* MiNTlibs

> [...]  One of the problems with the compiler is that it does
> not recognized ^Z; CTRL-ALT-Z is required to suspend the compiler.  Now,
> according to some of the old MiNT docs, MiNT should handle ^Z properly
> if the process is doing I/O in cooked mode, from which I infer that the
> compiler is doing I/O in raw mode.  My goal, then, is to figure out how
> to switch I/O to cooked mode, _without_ using any MiNTlibs functions
> [for obvious reasons ;) ], so I can pass this on to Jerry.  Any
> advice?

If I remember correctly, a terminal is automatically put into raw mode
when accessing it with BIOS functions, and into cooked mode when using
GEMDOS functions.  One can also explicitly put a connections into cooked
mode by resetting the RAW bit in the terminal control flags using
Fcntl(fd, &sgb, TIOCSETP)  (see the Fcntl(2) manual page, and take a look
at mntlib's ioctl.h for definitions of symbolic constants for terminal
modes).

Michael
--
Email: hohmuth@inf.tu-dresden.de