Re: MiNT 1.10 re-sync

  I think it would be helpful if you'd create a patch against the patched
  source...  It would be a bit difficult to undo a previous bad patch
  (i.e., create a reverse patch for a bad patch), especially if it came
  from Juergen's earlier megapatch and not from me wrongly applying newer
  patches.

Ok, willdo.

  > [ sticky text ]

  > Well, I must admit I didn't spend a whole lot of thought on the implementat
 ion.
  > How about if we change the way memory is allocated... Grab memory from one
 end,
  > except start at the opposite end for shared text regions. E.g., always star
  > from the top of memory when allocating in the default case - stack, bss, da
 ta,
  > non-shared text, and always allocate shared text regions from the bottom
  > of memory. The problem would still exist, but it would be lessened, I think
 .

  In addition to your suggestions, what about making this turn-off-able from
  mint.cnf?

I suppose that would be easy enough. "STICKYTEXT=OFF" or somesuch, eh?

Upon reflection, it would probably be easier to load shared text regions at the
top of memory, and continue creating the TPA from lower memory. That way you
don't have to worry about artificially limiting the amount of memory you give
to a newly spawned process. (I wonder how topdown solved this problem...)
  -- Howard