Re: MiNTOS Release 1.4 now available.

>>From: knarf@nasim.cube.net (Frank Bartels)
>>BTW: Is it a known bug, that /bin/login crashes with a memory
>>violation, if you log in as root? It does not happen as normal user.
>
>Logins as root work fine on my machine.  I rarely log in as anything
>else. (MiNT 1.11, MiNTos 1.2, TOS (not sure what version), TT030).
>
>Make sure your login & init are compiled with the latest MiNTlibs
>release.  Also check your .profile or whatever for root, it could be
>that some program in your startup script for root is crashing, and
>causing you to get logged out.

The binaries in the binary distributuon are compiled using GCC 2.5.8 and
MiNTlibs pl44.

>Also, make sure you aren't spawning getty's on any devices that don't
>exist.  If you do, init will crash.  I sent a patch for this a long
>time ago, but it doesn't seem to have found its way into MiNTos.

I thought I'd integrated that patch, I'll check when I get a little time.
Have you looked at MiNTOS 1.4?

>Cheers,
>entropy
>
>--
>entropy -- it's not just a good idea, it's the second law.
>Personal mail:      entropy@gnu.ai.mit.edu
>MiNT library mail:  entropy@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu
>"what do you have against octal?" -jrb

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).
Tel:- Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).