porting Zmodem to MiNT

Hello Evan,

> Also my sz is broke.  Anyone got an ftp site that has a real sz and rz
> for MiNT that supports all the features?  My port over-runs the send
> buffer so sz doesn't work, although rz seems fine.  I looked at aaue
> and I found a bunch of zmdm programs that are all pre-MiNT and they do
> nasty things like trap exceptions to fake signals (not bad except that if
> ANY program dies, it kills zmdm).   Any help would be greatly appreciated
> since I have FTP access now.

I had also ported the Unix rzsz version (dated 1989) for using with
modm0dev; it took me some time for it to work correctly. Here are the
changes required, after that `make bsd' should do the job:

(1) Add `int __default_mode__ = _IOBIN;' to the common module so that all
streams are opened in binary mode;

(2) Remove the two BSD ioctl's for locking and unlocking the device, since
MiNT doesn't support them.

(3) Replace the occurences of `st_rdev' by `st_dev', since MiNT puts a
bogus value in the st_rdev field of the stat structure. [This one was
the hardest to find. This is used in one function to determine whether
stdin and stdout refer to the same device.]

Thierry.