Re: some MINTOS 1.4 diffs

   Hey you!

   I've finally tracked down why the `tostop' flag always was disabled
  on a terminal where I've logged in with MiNTOS, say I was always
  able to do some `ls &' which would not get stopped due to background
  writing to the terminal. There're some strange parts in getty which
  do not set up the terminal the way one would probably like it. I'm not
  sure if that's really a bug or just again one of these BSD features :(
  but here are some diffs which make at least me more happy...

Well, this is standard behavior on Unix systems. Please don't change it in
the getty; if you don't like it, just add a "stty tostop" to your .login
file... Part of the point of putting jobs in the background is so they can
still continue running while you're doing/thinking about other things. If
you make tostop the default, many of these jobs just get stuck waiting for
you, which is silly. Really, if you don't want "ls &" to write all over your
tty, you shouldn't have spawned off the command anyway; it's just going to
sit there until you foreground it, in which case you should have just waited
to issue the command later...
  -- Howard