Re: UNIX

It came to pass that Thomas Schulze was heard to mumble:

> Hi,
>

> > The shell could look at what stands there after the #! and start the
> > correct program (with UNIXMODE conversion and all...).
>
> :-) Ok, when the shell has to do the job anyway, why load the kernel
> with the code?
>
> My vote: Let the library (ie MiNTLib) handle hash bang execution.

I think that it should be somehow transparent to the process running it,
and not needing the MiNTlibs. That way the desktop and other MiNT-unaware
programs can still use shell scripts as if they were binaries.

+---- Ben Bell - VP, Programmer, Musician and Eccentric Extraordinaire! ----+
| /// |   The mind is like a parachute - it only works when it's open...    |
| bjb |                  email: bjb@bigbox.demon.co.uk                      |
| \_/ |Snail mail: Barn Piece, 5 Trimnells, Colerne, Wilts SN14 8EP, England|