Re: Problems compiling MiNTlib pl46

Michael Hohmuth:
>I'd guess your includes don't match your library sources (i.e., your
>includes are not at PL46).

Hmm...  I tracked this down eventually.

I had my include files for MiNTlibs pl44 in /usr/include44 and had a
symlink called /usr/include -> include44.  That worked quite nicely...
When building the new libs, I made a copy of /usr/include44 called
/usr/include46, applied the patches to /usr/include46, and changed the
symlink to point to it.

The problem I've found is that my cpp is an old one linked with GNUlibs
pl96; I think this means it must run in the TOS domain instead of the
MiNT domain.  What seems to be happening is that cpp goes to the
symlink /usr/include, and then the kernel tries to find /usr/include46
but chops it off to /usr/include4 because it's running in the TOS
domain.  It then happened to match /usr/include44 before
/usr/include46, and gave me the wrong include files!

I think this must be either a bug or a mis-feature of the kernel...  I
could be wrong, though.  Any ideas about this?  Surely when you've set
up a symlink it should work consistently for either TOS or MiNT domain
processes?

Thanks for your time!

--Charles