setting up printers under MiNT | more

Hi!

*** IMPORTANT ***

	PLEASE REPLY TO <record@patrol.i-way.co.uk> AS MY YORK ACCOUNT IS
	ENDING ON JULY 1ST.

I'm running Knarfs German Mint Distribution (KGMD) on a 4Mb STe.

I have discovered that I need "/etc/printcap" to print and I have the
following:

		canon|:\
		lp=/dev/centr:\
		lo=lock:\
		lf=/dev/console:\
		sd=/var/spool/lpd/canon:\
		pl=66:\
		pw=72:

As I boot, I get the mesage " cant find /dev/lp" and then locks! What
else do I need to do? Do I need to get an lp driver for /dev? If so,
where can I find a '.xdd' or do I have to go for a '.tos'? I have a
BJ10sx if it's relevant.

When I 'cat' stuff to the screen or a file, no problem, but when I 'cat'
stuff to /dev/audio or centr|prn, it does it but hangs up afterwards,
even when run in the background. Is this a known bug or am I missing
something? Its the 'cat' that comes with KGMD 1.0.

Is it possible to run X11 on my system or am I stuck? (I can get 'W' up
and running and its very neat but I dont have a lot of memory left over).
If I type 'startx', I get an error saying it cant find xterm or xclock
even though it can!! Have I run out of memory?

I don't seem to have a very complete set of man pages: where can I get
the archives for eg printcap?

Thank you for your time