Re: RE: VFAT.XFS ??

 >> >Is only reading of VFAT/FAT32 partitions needed or is writing also needed?
 >

 >>Reading AND writing, please.
 >
 >Well. That's the answer that will probably result in getting nothing at all.
 >Face it: either you have to do some concessions, or you have to stick to
 >commercial solutions. Just asking for everything for free won't help here.

Actually, I don't mind paying. If someone release a shareware
or commercial VFAT32.FXS that can coexist with regular FAT or
Minix partitions along with appropriate formatting utilities,
then I will buy. But MagiC offers *no* MiNT compatibility.

When someone chooses MagiC, they have to cross their fingers,
hope System Solutions will move their muffins in translating.
If one wants to program for MagiC, they need to learn German
because ASH hasn't translated their docs and bindings.

Having seen the latest MagiC 5.13 on a friend's machine, I am
quite impressed by these features. Lack of compatibility with
the abundance of existing MiNT applications is a problem.

MagiC *does* have some strenght, but a third TCP/IP stack was
uncalled for. They really should have tried re-inventing STiK
and fixing its bugs, if only because STiK is the current area
of TCP/IP growth on Atari.

But since MiNT and MagiC cannot co-exist simulatneously, and
MiNT stuff abouds everywhere, then I chose MiNT. Until MagiC
(and other ASH products) are properly translated and sold, I
will STiK to MiNT like Glue. ;-)

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 4/24/50 NVDI 4.11, MiNT 1.14, GlueSTiK 0.2b4, AES 4.1
    "By the year 2000 we will, I hope, raise our children to
     believe in human potential, not God." -- Gloria Steinem