Re: Importance of "W" for Mac68/TOS

> > Atarians, another environment for full support of long file names that is
> > completely MiNT aware for command line and GUI control (more like AmigaDOS).
>
> and who will write all the thousand of GEM applications we use in MiNTOS?

I agree - at the moment, the Atari programmer base is already spread thin,
with the separate platforms we already have - with many MiNT programs
not working
under Magic, and vice versa. Same goes for SingleTOS, and will also for Fenix
when it is ready...

IMO we should try and unify these systems rather than introduce others like
MiNT-X and W, as this will just slow down development...

Things that should be done, IMO:
* abandon SingleTOS for net access. MiNTnet should be promoted more as the
  net system for the average joe-user, not for the tech-heads. This needs
  a new install, that doesn't provide a complete unix system, but provides
  a stable, up-to-date .net system (with config progs, etc) and GEM apps
  ready to go
* make Magic more MiNT-like, with MiNTnet and .XFS/.XDD compatability.
  ASH wont do the XFS stuff, I expect, but maybe some Magic guru feels up
  to making patches to MiNTnet to port it? This is the way ahead for Magic,
  IMO, not PPP-Connect
* free AES 4.1 compatible AES... oAESis was getting there, but it is
still buggy,
  and since development has stopped...

> BTW, I don't want to be just negative, so there's one positive idea: if someone

Nor do I. Just be patient, and wait for fenix.

Anthony