Re: Importance of "W" for Mac68/TOS

On Sat, 22 Nov 1997, Anthony Jacques wrote:

> Things that should be done, IMO:
> * abandon SingleTOS for net access. MiNTnet should be promoted more as the
>   net system for the average joe-user, not for the tech-heads. This needs
>   a new install, that doesn't provide a complete unix system, but provides
>   a stable, up-to-date .net system (with config progs, etc) and GEM apps
>   ready to go

That's right. AFAIK ATACK has been working on such installation disk for
MiNTNet. They could tell us if it's ready (ATACK, do you read me?)

BTW, in Czech there are about 15 active Atari users and all are pleased
to use MiNTNet for Internet access. Nobody here ever managed to get Stik,
Sting or PPP connect working.

Petr
--
    WWW: http://ft3.zlin.vutbr.cz/stehlik/home.htm          PARCP development