Re: STiNG, CAB, and Multitasking (strikes back)

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > Atari standards are old, but a reasonable common denominator for developers
> > for TOS. Even if you don't agree on that they're reasonable, they DID
> > serve precisely this function for most developers in the Atari world, and
> > they still do.
>
> Peter, yes, Atari approved XBRA protocol. But if you really think this is
> an argument against MiNT, please tell me: what copyright notice is still
> inserted into MiNT's welcome text? Isn't it "Copyright (c) 1992-1994 Atari
> Corporation"?

I fail to understand why you keep thinking I'd be argueing against MiNT.
I'm not. After all I'm here to suggest an improvement, am I not ?

All that I'm argueing is that nobody should dismiss the standards set by
Atari easily, as one won't do the Atari world a favour.

XBRA is such a standard, and I'm advocating it's use by MiNT. It causes
no drawbacks, but will improve compatibility with existing software that
you cannot seriously consider broken for having used a standard that has
been set by Atari !

Cheers  Peter

   Peter Rottengatter       perot@pallas.amp.uni-hannover.de
                            http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~perot