Re: midi.xdd

Hi Vincent,

On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 10:25:22PM +0100, Vincent Barrilliot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've written a midi handler that can be included in a extended device
> driver (I think), and I'd like to try to build such a driver but I have
> no example nor source.

When I once started to write an xdd for MiNT - it actually ended up
in the kernel itself ;-) - I took Kay Roemer's /dev/audio.xdd as
an excellent starting point.  It is well commented and quite up
to date.

You should find the sources in every MiNT archive.

You should also get a recent distribution of the MiNT source tree.
Read the file biosfs.c carefully, it defines the kernel builtin-
devices.  You will also want to read "appendix.E" of the mint
docs.

Last but not least you should contact Frank Naumann
(fnaumann@prinz-atm.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De).  The kernel interface
for device drivers is likely to change soon.  He will be able
to give you more detailed information.

Ciao

Guido
--