Re: 3 button mouse (was: Re: [MiNT] X magic)

Mario Becroft wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Guido Flohr wrote:
>
> > BTW, the MiNT kernel contains "experimental" support for
> > three-button mice.  Are there any three-button mice available
> > for the Atari mouse port?  Or has anybody ever managed to
>
> With my serial mouse interface, you can connect a 3-button serial mouse to
> the Atari mouse port. The middle button can be set to do a double click,
> or to act as a actual middle button (on pin 5 of the mouse port) depending
> on a switch setting on the interface unit. Have a look at my WWW page, or
> send me an email, if you're interested to know more about this unit.
>
> However I don't even know whether the Atari hardware supports the extra
> button.  It is documented in the TT manual, but how does the IKBD return
> info on the third middle button? The manuals I've got only list the left
> and right buttons.

There are several mouses for the Atari with a third button (the one
shipped with the Atari Unix, the Golden Image optical mouse...). The
third button is returned as a event on the "other" joystick. Precisely
how can be deduced from the MiNT sources :-)

Regards, jr