Re: [MiNT] X magic

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Guido Flohr wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 26, 1998 at 09:09:41PM +0200, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> > Has anyone ever managed to get the X-11 package from KGMD to work
> > on a 4 MB ST machine?
>
> Wow, Here we have a man with guts. ;-)

Well, it worked fine on my 4Mb Falcon, even with fvwm :-) I could run
one xterm, log into a SGI at school and run Netscape remote over a
14k4 modem ;-)

> BTW, the MiNT kernel contains "experimental" support for
> three-button mice.  Are there any three-button mice available
> for the Atari mouse port?  Or has anybody ever managed to
> connect a serial mouse?  The latter shouldn't be a big

Yes, Mario Becroft's mouse-adapter has support for tree-button mice.

> Unfortunately most people run mint after the vdi...

Which is 100% necessary, atleast on my Falcon. If I run NVDI after
MiNT it sort of works, but any attempts to print ends in disaster.
Init.prg will freeze if NVDI is started after MiNT.

/*
**
*/