Re: [MiNT] X magic

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Janez Valant wrote:

> > Do you want to say that X starts up at all?  Phew, I wouldn't have
> > thought so.  But even if X runs, can you launch an application?
> > I wonder how you want to run xterm if bash already consumes more
> > than half a meg of RAM...
>
>   I remeber there was/is X11 package which runs on 4mb (i did on
> falcon) and iclude ppp link and chimera browser

It came with the TAF-kit, and the window manager was MGR. In fact, MGR is
still mentioned in some of the KGMD docs and configs because they are
based on TAF and Knarf didn't bother to edit it all. :)

IIRC, MGR was included in the TAF kit because it was so slim.

Maurits.

---

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

          Maurits van de Kamp (maurits@bassment.demon.nl)

    _____    B A S S M E N T   P R O D U C T I O N S     _____
  /     /\\     >> http://www.bassment.demon.nl <<     /     /\\
|      \/   |   / Black Currant                  \   |      \/   |
|   /\      |  |             bc@bassment.demon.nl |  |   /\      |
 \ /=/     /   |  Purple Trance                   |   \ /=/     /
  \\/____ /     \            pt@bassment.demon.nl/     \\/____ /