[MiNT] MiNTlib - new functions

Hey,

I like MiNTlib and use it wherever I can. It allows me to port many
programs very easily and I can also write programs that can be compiled
without changes under MiNT, DOS (DJGPP) and Linux. Compiled programs do
run well under TOS and MagiC (thanks to MiNTlib) as well as under
Windows98 and OS/2 (thanks to DJGPP's lib). This is very good.

However I have been missing several functions in MiNTlibs:

1) keyboard input - something like kbhit() and getch()

Do you have any suggestion how to implement a kbhit() function so it
would work both under MiNT (probably using TTY) and under TOS (Cconis?)
Or is it a good idea to use Cconis() under MiNT as well?

2) better support for LFN

In PARCP I use fopen(filename, "wb") for creating a file but I never
bothered converting the filename to 8+3 if the dest filesystem was FAT.
I always thought GEMDOS would convert it for me. However I have just got
a bug report that said copying a filename containing SPACE char is a
real killer for TOS FAT.

For example by creating a "ab de" filename GEMDOS really writes the "ab
de" filename (including the space) to directory entry. But then, when
reading the directory it shows just "ab". Thus the file is no longer
readable, rename or delete is not possible.

I thought it would be nice if MiNTlib converted the filename for me.
Any opinions or algorithms?

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer