Re: [MiNT] Re: fatal error handling

> > I don't use Xboot myself, but definitely oppose to being forced
> > to use NEWFAT on my boot partition.  I use TOSFS on my drive C.
>
> Could I know why?
> Why do you consider slow, old and limited TOSFS better than NEWFAT?

Safer is the word.   Frank still finds bugs in it here and then.

> And what will you do when the TOSFS will go away?

It should _never_ go away.  TOSFS is the compatibility FS.

*

BTW, whatever happened to those floppy handling bugs in NEWFAT
and Minix 0.70.6 filesystems??  Did Frank ever fix them?

What about hacking Minit so that it only offers options that are
recognized by this new barebones Minix.XFS (ie: eliminate V1 and
therefore always create V2 filesystems)?

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/