Re: [MiNT] Long filenames (was: Pine hanging)

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Guido Flohr wrote:

> Thus, you have to know if __MINT__ was defined at compile-time
> of the library if you want to know which filename length it
> supports.

Somewhat off-topic, but could it explain _why_ 1st-guide always
ends up loading the same file twice, when I have 2 similar file
names?  For example, something like:

ridiculouslylongfilename1.jpeg   and
ridiculouslylongfilename2.jpeg

will result in 1ST-Guide loading the first filename twice.

> But I actually can't imagine that this is the real reason
> of the above mentioned errors (because I can't imagine that
> Thomas didn't #define __MINT__ when he compiled Thing).

Speaking of which, the above problem happens both when using
Freedom or with drag&drop on Thing.

Any ideas?

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/