Re: Samba (Was: Re: [MiNT] Posting to this list...)

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > Luckily I've found one (1) DE600, it's even still shrink-wrapped and
> > it's in the mail right now :-) I've paid NOK200 for it, which is
> > about 13 pounds.
>
> Yes. I have two. :-) But where did you find the interface to connect the
> DE600 to the Falcon centronics port?

I'm using the TUW-solution, which is a DIY-adapter for the ROM-port.
I'm also looking into the possibility to use Woller's
ROMport->parallelport adapter, but I prefer the cheaper DIY-solution.
If there's any interest for this I might be able to build a small
batch of these interfaces on real PCB's instead of the Veroboard-hack
I originally planned on.

It's also possible to connect it to the parallel-port, but this will
require some hacking to the hardware as well as a new driver. And
since my parallel-port already is occupied by (you guessed it) a
printer, I prefer the ROMport-solution.

/*
**
*/