Re: [MiNT] Black crashes

On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 07:26:02PM +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> > The IMHO best solution would be to drop the whole reset vector stuff from
> > MiNT, unless someone points out a reason why it would be needed - I think we
> > never reached a decision on that.
>
> Only "one and only" p_cookie (which, as I think you said, is not reset
> by TOS) would be the reason. Hence only onle solution left, i.e.
> relocation the reset handler to ST-RAM. If same stuff occurs even if the
> whole MiNT is loaded to ST-RAM, I see no solution for now.

Correct.

If p_cookies is the reason for the reset hook, note that it is *only*
necessary co clear p_cookies on Reset *if* p_cookies was NULL before MiNT.
If p_cookies already pointed to a valid cookie jar, then either the TOS, or
whoever installed it, will do the job on reset.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen