Re: [MiNT] using MIDI with pppd

On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> > Do you use HS-Modem's MIDI-driver? I don't, there might be a problem there.
>
> I _have_ to, otherwise I loose too many packets.

So without MIDI.PRG you can connect?

> _That_ is why we need to port HS-Modem as XDD or something...

What is exactly the advantage of doing this? As I see it this is a bug in
HS-Modem itself, and not the way MiNT use it.

> Now, if only Harun Scheutzow would be more cooperative....

The MIDI-ports are very simple to program, and I'm sure that someone with
some basic knowledge of 68k-assembly could convert e.g. lpdrv.xdd to a
midi.xdd in a few hours.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/