Re: [MiNT] Euro-Sign

On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 08:52:38PM +0100, Michael Schwingen wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 08, 1999 at 01:18:08AM +0100, Guido Flohr wrote:
> > I would vote against the diaresis and the acute because they are very
> > helpful for overstriking characters.
>
> What do you need these for, if you have all umlaut/similar characters where
> this would be needed? Those missing are in the NVDI fontmap instead of the
> hebrew characters (which tend to not show up in most truetype fonts ;-)).

I have NVDI 2.5. ;-)
Hate to buy software. ;-))

> > The single diaresis resp. trema is in fact used by ISO-Latin-1 (at
> > position 168 between copyright and "§"). Same for the acute: position
> > 180.  Well, the beta or the integral stuff really seem the best to me.
>
> Are the dieresis/acute still in the new version (8859-15)? I think someone
> mentioned that they were removed, but I am not sure.

Me neither.  I've done an xfd on a Linux font.

Anyway: The HTML 4.0 specification still lists them at these positions.
They should really remain untouched so that the few browsers we have still
work alright, even if you don't have an up to date VDI.

> I guess the integral signs are the best yet.

I agree.  But probably the Behne Bros. will that decide on their own
anyway. ;-)

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/
mailto:gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de

Heavy, adj.:
	Seduced by the chocolate side of the force.