Re: [MiNT] Memory protection

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 12:00:50AM +0100, Henk Robbers wrote:
> I see. The physical address of each bank remains unchanged when you upgrade?
> How will 16 or 32 Mb fit in this, in 1 or more bank, leaving empty banks?

Correct. Each SIMM slot is actually 2 banks, giving 8 banks total.

> Furthermore: to my regret I did not express myself correctly.
> I wanted to say: Each TTram page's offset will remain constant
> throuhgout a kernel session.
> That is, if that reduction can only be done at bootup.
> Is this the case?

Correct. Te TOS has no routines which do anything with the PMMU (except for
the hardware emulation routines, which rely on pointers into the PMMU tables
which are set up by the bootblock, but that does not concern RAM pages.).

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen