Re: [MiNT] old KGMD or new NMD?

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 14:08:17 +0200 (EET), Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Given your above statement, I think your CD provides the same kind
> of "value-added support", so it is quite welcome! ;-)

It's not only mine, Torsten Lang did also a lot of work.

> However, I really think that you should release the drivers.  We've
> already got a _lot_ of problems finding Ethernet solutions on Atari,
> so if those Panther drivers allow using NE2005 cards (or something
> similar) on our hardware, then everyone should benefit from them.
>
> The key point of Linus' reply was that, the idea behind making the OS
> completely freeware is to ensure that the basic production tools are
> freely accessible to everyone.
>
> Hardware drivers certainly fit the "basic tools" category, hence
> why I think you should release them.

I see your point of view, but still Torsten wrote these drivers and its
entirely his decision what to do with them.
Considering that he also wrote every other driver for mintnet (excluding
the de600-driver from Kay) he's already done a lot of work (remember these
drivers are all free).

Greetings,
				Bernd