Re: [MiNT] Problem 1.15.1-1.4 kernel to load Thing 1.27

Hi!

On Sat, May 01, 1999 at 01:10:20AM +0200, Martin "Nightowl" Byttebier wrote:
> Thing surely starts without hades_b4.acc but for me it looks strange that
> only Thing has this problem. If I use Jinnee instead I can bootup without
> prob even with hades_b4.acc.

Well, as far as I know jinnee does not use overlay modules for
registration and background picture handling. The way Thing loads these
in a memory-protection-safe manner requieres a clean cache-handling in
Pexec(). It seems this gets scrambled when using a 060-Hades with the
Accessory /and/ the latest Beta where I changed clearing of the cache to
push physical addresses on >= 040. It seems this routine somehow doesn't
work properly on the MC68060, so I already sent Frank a diff, so that on
the 060, always the complete cache will be flushed.

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de