Re: [MiNT] Problem 1.15.1-1.4 kernel to load Thing 1.27

Hello Odd,

on Fri 30-04-1999 01:35 you wrote:

>Hi, Martin. Do you use hades_b4.acc? If so, try not using that and see if
>it still happends then. I just had the same problems, and it turns out
>that hades_b4.acc was the prob. If you turn off the MMU in cache_b4, then
>select "starte thing", Thing should start just fine.

Thing surely starts without hades_b4.acc but for me it looks strange that
only Thing has this problem. If I use Jinnee instead I can bootup without
prob even with hades_b4.acc.
Even Geneva/Neodesk/freeMiNT starts without any problem.

> Anyway, try booting without hades_b4.acc, and use the "min_cach.prg" to
>set the caches when booting done..

I start min_cach from n_aes.cnf, this way Thing will load much faster.
Unfortunately I do need hades_b4.acc. You see I've an Epson GT6500 scanner
hanging on the printer port of my Hades and in order to use the scan prg
"GT LOOK II" I need to set the "machine cookie" in ST mode.
Also I found that with min_cach.prg the Hades is slower then with
hades_b4.acc.
BTW: It doesn't matter which version of hades_acc I use, I tried b2, b3
and b4 all with the same bad result.

So I'm back to 1.15.1-1.2 again.

CU
Martin

--
O-Tagger ß1.24: Life is short: eat dessert first!
              ***** Greetings from Okami Newsreader *****