Re: [MiNT] Q about MP

On 9 May 99 08:58:45 +0000, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> For example ST-Guide keeps crashing even after setting its flags to
> Readable (as suggested by JES). The type of crash is "free" - what does
> it mean, please?

"Free" means (IIRC) that ST-Guide has tried to access memory not currently
owned by any process. This means either...

a) There is a bug in ST-Guide where it tries to access memory it hasn't
   allocated.

...or...

b) Somebody has sent it a VA_START-message with a pointer to free memory.
   This is obviously a problem with the calling application, and not
   ST-Guide.

> And what about JCLKTOOL.ACC being killed about every second boot with
> type "super"? I have tried to set its memprot flags to "super" but it
> didn´t help. Most surprising is that it´s killed only in about 50% of
> boots. Why is it random? What is interferring in my system?

I haven't got a clue, here it's set to "readable" and hasn't caused any
problems.

> could fix there anything if I knew what) is supposed to send a message
> to the AVSERVER to start a program - but with MP enabled it just freezes
> the whole system. Does it do on my system only?

Atleast it doesn't happen with my system.

/*
**
*/