[MiNT] Okami 2.0 and MiNT: problems

Hello,

As main news/mail reader I use Okami. Until past week the partition were
Okami wrote his logfile was a normal TOS partition. Because I wanted to
use LFN on that particular partition I've changed it to a VFAT one.
The path I use in the configuration file of Okami looks like this

logdir=j:\okamilog

Now since "j" has become  VFAT Okami doesn't attach my signature to my
mail.
I've been playing with the path setting.
For instance if I use this logdir=j:/okamilog as path Okami will add my
signature to my mail but it creates a dir called "okami" on my "j" drive
instead of "okamilog".
I've been in touch with the author of Okami about this. According to him
it's the fault of MiNT. Okami ask the OS the lenght of the file/foldername
and for some reason the OS returns "5", hence Okami creates a 5 character
dir. e.g. logdir=j:/martin_log becomes "marti"
If I use a _slash_ instead of a _backshash_ in the pathname Okami will
create a dir called martin_log BUT the signature isn't attached to my
mail.
Is this really a bug of MiNT or what?

BTW: I'm using freeMiNT 1.15.1, N_AES 1.2.0, Thing 1.27
--
O-Tagger ß1.24: Barfignugen: Car Sickness in a Volkswagen.
              ***** Greetings from Okami Newsreader *****