Re: [MiNT] Okami 2.0 and MiNT: problems

Hi!

On Sun, May 09, 1999 at 05:15:44PM +0200, Martin "Nightowl" Byttebier wrote:
> I've been in touch with the author of Okami about this. According to him
> it's the fault of MiNT. Okami ask the OS the lenght of the file/foldername
> and for some reason the OS returns "5", hence Okami creates a 5 character
> dir. e.g. logdir=j:/martin_log becomes "marti"

Well, I very much doubt this is true. Try
http://www.tu-darmstadt.de/~gryf/dirtest.ttp and check what it reports
for J:\. If Jos didn't mean the Dpathconf() return value, I'd like to
know which function he refers to.

Btw, it may just be prejudice, but I don't actually trust
said-to-be-bugs reported by the new Okami author. A few days ago, he
claimed in c.s.a.s that "TOS crashes when calling Pexec() for a
non-existing file". I doubt that, because Thing for example uses Pexec()
for the Overlays (without prior checking for existance) and gets -33L if
the module doesn't exist, but no crash.

Ciao

Thomas

P.S.: Note that DirTest spits out German messages. The important lines
      for you to check are:
      Maximale Pfadnamenslänge: 259 (0x103, 0403)
      Maximale Filenamenslänge: 255 (0xff, 0377)
      The first is the maximum length of a complete path for the
      filesystem, the second the maximum length of a single filename.
      The values 259 and 255 are what DirTest reports for a VFAT
      partition here. For me, this seems to be slightly larger than 5
      ... (sorry, sarcasm)

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
PGP-key available on request!  binder@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de